Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
BMW showing intermittent electrical glitches, could a weak battery actually ca
#1
I've been dealing with something odd for the past week and I'm trying to figure out if it's actually battery related before I spend money diagnosing something else entirely, my 3 Series has started doing small strange things intermittently, the infotainment screen occasionally flickers or restarts on its own, and once or twice the dashboard lights dimmed briefly before coming back to normal, none of this happens constantly, just occasionally enough to be genuinely unsettling rather than something I can easily reproduce and diagnose myself, does anyone know if a weakening battery can actually cause this kind of intermittent electrical behavior rather than the more expected symptom of just struggling to start the car, because I always assumed battery issues would show up primarily as slow cranking rather than random electronic glitches happening while the car is already running normally, my battery is about three years old now which I know isn't ancient but also isn't brand new anymore, so I'm wondering if this is a reasonable age for it to start showing these kinds of subtle warning signs before eventually failing more obviously, while trying to figure out where to get this checked I found information about BMW battery fitting in Industrial Area 9 by a certified garage which seemed like a good option specifically because I want someone familiar with how BMW electrical systems work rather than a general mechanic guessing based on more common vehicles, has anyone experienced this kind of intermittent electrical weirdness that eventually got traced back to the battery rather than something more complicated like a wiring issue or a specific electrical component failing, also is it safe to keep driving normally while these glitches are happening occasionally, or does this kind of instability suggest something that could escalate unexpectedly while I'm actually driving somewhere, I don't want to keep ignoring this assuming it's minor if it's actually an early warning sign of something about to fail more seriously, so if anyone's dealt with this exact kind of confusing intermittent symptom, I'd really appreciate hearing what it ended up actually being for you once properly diagnosed.
Reply
#2
I’ve experienced intermittent electrical issues with a car before, and a weak battery can definitely be one possible cause. I’d have the battery and charging system tested rather than guessing. If the car becomes difficult to start, I’d contact reliable Roadside assistance NYC for help.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)