Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Took my Durango in for an oil change and left with a whole list of issues
#1
I honestly thought I was being a responsible car owner by taking my 2018 Durango R/T in for a routine oil change last week, but what was supposed to be a quick and simple visit turned into one of those moments where you just feel your heart sink as the mechanic starts listing off everything that's apparently wrong with your car. They showed me the worn brake pads, pointed out a small leak from the transfer case, mentioned that the serpentine belt was starting to crack, and told me my rear shock absorbers were weeping fluid – all things I had absolutely no idea about because the car had been driving perfectly fine as far as I could tell. I know Durangos are heavy vehicles and they go through brakes and suspension components faster than smaller cars, but I still felt completely blindsided by the sheer number of things that apparently needed attention. The thing is, I'm not really in a position to just hand over thousands of dirhams all at once, so I need to figure out what actually needs doing urgently versus what can wait a while, and I really need to find a place that's going to be honest with me about priorities rather than just trying to maximise their profits. I've been doing some research and talking to other Dodge owners, and it seems like finding an expert Dodge repair workshop in Abu Dhabi is the key to making sure you're not being taken advantage of and that the work actually gets done properly. I've got three kids and we use the Durango for everything from school runs to weekend trips, so I can't afford to have it off the road for ages, but I also can't afford to ignore things that might become dangerous or cause even more expensive damage down the line. Has anyone else had a similar experience where a routine service turned up a whole bunch of unexpected issues, and how did you prioritise what to fix first? I'm thinking brakes are obviously a priority because that's safety, but I'm not sure how urgent the transfer case leak is or whether the shocks can wait a few more months. Any advice from fellow Durango owners or anyone who's been through this sort of thing would be so helpful right now because I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed and I don't really know where to start.
Reply
#2
The provided link directs to a technical discussion thread on the ICP DAS USA forum, a platform primarily utilized by automation engineers, industrial IT professionals, and developers. Threads on this site typically focus
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)