ICPDAS-USA FORUM
New homeowner, is a plumbing maintenance plan actually worth it? - Printable Version

+- ICPDAS-USA FORUM (https://icpdasusa.us/forum)
+-- Forum: My Category (https://icpdasusa.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: My Forum (https://icpdasusa.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: New homeowner, is a plumbing maintenance plan actually worth it? (/showthread.php?tid=358)



New homeowner, is a plumbing maintenance plan actually worth it? - drusillacoverdale - 09-21-2026

We just closed on our first house a couple months ago and the inspection report mentioned a few minor plumbing things like a slow drain in the guest bath and some corrosion on the shutoff valves. Nothing urgent but it got me thinking about whether I should be doing regular maintenance instead of waiting for something to break. I grew up in an apartment so I've never had to think about any of this stuff. Someone told me about plumbing repair and maintenance in Palo Alto and how some companies offer annual checkups where they flush the water heater and inspect for leaks before they become disasters. That sounds smart but also maybe like a way to get upsold on stuff I don't need. Has anyone here signed up for a maintenance plan and actually found it useful? Or is it better to just call someone when something goes wrong? I'm trying to be a responsible homeowner but I also don't want to waste money on services I could probably skip. Any thoughts from people who've been doing this longer than me would be really helpful.