![]() |
|
Renting a car for a month while mine gets fixed, need some advice - Printable Version +- ICPDAS-USA FORUM (https://icpdasusa.us/forum) +-- Forum: My Category (https://icpdasusa.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1) +--- Forum: My Forum (https://icpdasusa.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2) +--- Thread: Renting a car for a month while mine gets fixed, need some advice (/showthread.php?tid=278) |
Renting a car for a month while mine gets fixed, need some advice - drusillacoverdale - 09-08-2026 So my car decided to give up on me at the worst possible time and now it's sitting in the garage for what looks like at least three to four weeks while they wait for parts to come in. I'm going to need something to get around in the meantime and honestly I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the rental options out there, everyone seems to have a different opinion on which company to go with and which cars are actually decent. I'll mainly be driving around Dubai for work meetings and then heading out to RAK on the weekends to visit family, so I need something comfortable but also reasonable on fuel since I'll be covering quite a bit of distance. I came across a really helpful overview of fuel efficient car options in the UAE that gave me some good starting points but I'd love to hear from people who've actually rented here recently. What's a fair price for a monthly rental on something like a Corolla or a Sunny? Any hidden charges I should watch out for? Also is it better to go with the bigger international chains or are the local companies just as reliable? Really appreciate any tips you guys have because I'm kind of stressed about this whole situation to be honest. |