ICPDAS-USA FORUM
Anyone else using lightweight pallets for their small warehouse? - Printable Version

+- ICPDAS-USA FORUM (https://icpdasusa.us/forum)
+-- Forum: My Category (https://icpdasusa.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: My Forum (https://icpdasusa.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Anyone else using lightweight pallets for their small warehouse? (/showthread.php?tid=277)



Anyone else using lightweight pallets for their small warehouse? - drusillacoverdale - 09-08-2026

I run a small e-commerce fulfillment operation out of a warehouse in Al Quoz, and we've been using these heavy wooden pallets that are honestly a nightmare to handle. They're bulky, splintery, and take up way too much space when they're not in use, not to mention the weight adds up quickly when you're moving them around all day. I've been looking into lighter alternatives and came across Crateco's range of plastic pallets that seem like they could solve a lot of my problems. Specifically, I'm interested in these light duty pallets that look perfect for our needs since we mostly deal with boxes of clothing and accessories that aren't particularly heavy but still need proper support and stability. The fact that they're plastic means they won't absorb moisture or harbor pests like the wooden ones sometimes do, and they seem much easier to clean and maintain. I'm just a bit uncertain about the durability compared to wood, especially with daily use and forklift handling. Do they crack or chip easily if you're not super careful? Also, are they compatible with standard racking systems, or do they have different dimensions that might cause issues with our existing setup? I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone who's made the switch from wood to plastic pallets, especially for light to medium loads, because I'm keen to make the change but want to avoid any expensive mistakes.