ICPDAS-USA FORUM
Land Rover battery keeps going flat – need proper battery care in Musaffah Industrial - Printable Version

+- ICPDAS-USA FORUM (https://icpdasusa.us/forum)
+-- Forum: My Category (https://icpdasusa.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: My Forum (https://icpdasusa.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Land Rover battery keeps going flat – need proper battery care in Musaffah Industrial (/showthread.php?tid=252)



Land Rover battery keeps going flat – need proper battery care in Musaffah Industrial - elegantdha - 09-02-2026

I'm honestly starting to lose my mind a little bit with this whole battery situation on my 2017 Range Rover Sport, and I'm hoping someone here has gone through something similar and can point me in the right direction. It all started about a month ago when I noticed that the car would occasionally hesitate just a fraction of a second before starting, you know that feeling when you press the start button and there's just a tiny pause before everything fires up. I didn't think too much of it at first because these cars have so many electronics that a slight delay here and there isn't unusual, but then it started getting worse. One morning I went to start it and the dashboard lit up with every single warning light you can imagine, the suspension fault warning, the terrain response unavailable message, even the parking brake warning, all at once, and the engine wouldn't even crank. I managed to jump start it and all the warnings disappeared after a few minutes of driving, which told me it was definitely a voltage issue rather than a genuine mechanical problem. I took it to a local garage near my place and they tested the battery and said it was showing low voltage but still holding some charge, so they suggested I just drive it more often to keep it topped up. That sounded reasonable, so I made a point of taking it out for a good drive every day, but the problem kept coming back. If I left the car parked for more than about twelve hours, the voltage would drop enough that the start-stop system would stop working, and if I left it for a full day, it would struggle to start again. I know these Land Rovers are incredibly sensitive to battery health because the entire electrical system relies on stable voltage for everything from the air suspension to the infotainment system, and when the battery starts failing, it can cause all sorts of false warnings that make you panic unnecessarily. I've been reading up on it and apparently you can't just replace the battery on these cars like you would on a normal vehicle because you need to properly register the new battery with the vehicle's battery management system, otherwise the car will never charge it correctly and you'll ruin the new battery within months. The dealership quoted me an astronomical price for a replacement and I'm just not willing to pay that kind of money when I know there are independent specialists out there who can do the job just as well for a fraction of the cost. I work in the Musaffah Industrial area and I've seen quite a few workshops around that specialize in European vehicles, but I'm always a bit hesitant because it's so hard to tell which ones actually have the right diagnostic equipment and the technical knowledge to handle these complex electrical systems properly. I was browsing online the other day and I stumbled upon some information about Expert battery maintenance for Land Rover vehicles in Musaffah Industrial, which sounded exactly like what I need, but I couldn't find any detailed reviews or recommendations from actual owners who'd used the service. What I really want is a place that will do a comprehensive check of the entire charging system, test the alternator output, check for any parasitic drains that might be killing the battery overnight, and then fit a quality AGM battery that meets the exact specifications for my vehicle, all while properly coding it to the car's computer so everything works as it should. I'm also curious if anyone knows whether there's a specific brand or type of battery that works particularly well with these cars, because I've heard some people say that certain aftermarket batteries just don't last as long as the OEM ones, while others have had great experiences with quality alternatives. If you've had your Land Rover's battery replaced at a good independent shop in the Musaffah area, I'd really appreciate you sharing your experience, how much it cost, and whether they did a thorough job with the coding and diagnostics. I'm planning to get this sorted out as soon as possible because I've got a long road trip coming up in a couple of weeks and the last thing I want is to get stranded somewhere in the middle of nowhere with a dead battery and all those frightening warning lights flashing at me. It's such a brilliant car when everything's working properly, but this battery issue is really taking the enjoyment out of driving it and I just want to get back to loving my Land Rover again without constantly worrying about whether it's going to start every time I get in.


RE: Land Rover battery keeps going flat – need proper battery care in Musaffah Industrial - watsondavid - 09-25-2026

I’ve dealt with a vehicle battery that kept going flat, and I found that checking the battery, terminals, charging system, and driving habits can help identify the real cause. I prefer getting the issue properly inspected instead of repeatedly relying on jump-starts. For drivers in Queens, I’d also keep Towing Queens in mind if a weak battery eventually leaves the vehicle stranded and roadside assistance is needed.