ICPDAS-USA FORUM
My 2015 A5's CVT is fine but the drive select feels disconnected - any ideas? - Printable Version

+- ICPDAS-USA FORUM (https://icpdasusa.us/forum)
+-- Forum: My Category (https://icpdasusa.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: My Forum (https://icpdasusa.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: My 2015 A5's CVT is fine but the drive select feels disconnected - any ideas? (/showthread.php?tid=238)



My 2015 A5's CVT is fine but the drive select feels disconnected - any ideas? - drusillacoverdale - 08-31-2026

So I've got a 2015 A5 2.0 TFSI with the multitronic CVT and I've had it for about three years now with no major issues. The transmission itself works fine, no slipping or shuddering or any of the common CVT problems, and it's been reasonably reliable overall. But there's one thing that's been bothering me for a while and I'm not sure if it's normal or not. When I change the drive select mode, say from comfort to dynamic, I barely notice any difference in how the car drives. The steering gets slightly heavier and the throttle response might be a tiny bit sharper, but the transmission behavior seems to stay exactly the same regardless of which mode I'm in. I've driven other Audis with the same system and you can really feel the difference between modes, but in my car it's like the CVT just ignores the settings and does its own thing. I've had the car scanned for error codes and nothing came up, so I'm wondering if this is just how the CVT is programmed or if there might be a software issue. I've been looking for a specialist who knows these CVT units and I found a place that offers Trusted CVT transmission overhaul service in Khalifa City, and I'm thinking maybe they could help with this. Has anyone else with a multitronic CVT noticed that the drive select modes don't seem to make much difference to the transmission behavior, or is it just me? I'm curious to know if this is a characteristic of the CVT or if something might be wrong with my car. Would really appreciate hearing from other A5 CVT owners about their experience with drive select.