![]() |
|
Just got my RS5 detailed and I can't stop staring at it - Printable Version +- ICPDAS-USA FORUM (https://icpdasusa.us/forum) +-- Forum: My Category (https://icpdasusa.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1) +--- Forum: My Forum (https://icpdasusa.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2) +--- Thread: Just got my RS5 detailed and I can't stop staring at it (/showthread.php?tid=229) |
Just got my RS5 detailed and I can't stop staring at it - drusillacoverdale - 08-28-2026 I know this is going to sound a bit silly but I've been walking out to my car park at lunchtime just to look at my car, which is something I haven't done in ages because the paint had gotten so dull and swirly that it actually made me a bit sad every time I saw it. I finally bit the bullet and booked my 2018 RS5 in for a full detail with paint correction and ceramic coating after months of putting it off because I wasn't sure if it was worth the money, and honestly I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner because the transformation is genuinely night and day. The depth of the gloss now is just incredible – it looks like it's been dipped in glass and the metallic flake in the paint is actually visible again rather than being hidden under a layer of micro-scratches and swirls. The detailer spent the whole day on it, did a two-stage correction, sealed it with a high-quality coating, and even cleaned up the interior which had gotten pretty grubby from all the sand that seems to find its way into every crevice of this car. I found them through a recommendation from a friend who'd had his Q5 done, and I spent ages reading through their website and looking at their portfolio before I committed because I wanted to be absolutely sure they knew what they were doing with Audi paint. If you're considering something similar, I'd definitely recommend checking out exoticcarcare.ae/audi-detailing-abu-dhabi because it gave me a really clear idea of what to expect and what the different options were, which made the whole decision process a lot less stressful. The best part is that they've given me advice on how to maintain it properly going forward – the right products to use, the right washing techniques, all that sort of thing – so I don't end up back in the same situation in six months' time. I honestly feel like I've got a brand new car again and it's completely reignited my love for the RS5 in a way I wasn't expecting. If you've been on the fence about getting your Audi detailed, I'd say just do it because the difference it makes to how you feel about the car is genuinely worth every dirham. Has anyone else had a similar experience where detailing completely changed their relationship with their car? I'm curious if I'm just being weird about this or if other people have had that same "wow" moment when they saw their car looking better than it did the day they bought it. |